Quantum Rush: Champions – ready, steady ... shoot!
Today, the Berlin based developer of the futuristic racing game Quantum Rush: Champions has released detailed information about the many different weapons in the game that is currently campaigning on Kickstarter and Steam Greenlight. Fans of Quantum Rush Online will already be familiar with the game's weapons, but the large variety of different challenges in Quantum Rush: Champions will require players to strategically choose the best configuration for each challenge.
As with Quantum Rush Online, weapons will also play an important role in Quantum Rush: Champions. While the game also provides a variety of special weapons that can be picked up during a race, the information released today is about the cannons that are mounted on the racer.
Players start the game with a tier-1 racer from each manufacturer. By default, all racers come with two mounted cannons that can be replaced after unlocking new weapons through completing challenges in the game's Career mode.
The extensive system for customizing your racers is one of the game's big strengths. After all, apart from the cannons, you will also be unlocking and replacing engines, boosters, shields, coolers and armors. And new parts will not always be better, but often they will just be different and the player will have to decide which parts to use for which kind of challenge.
The cannons are divided into various categories (e. g. single shot or auto-fire) and each cannon uses one of three different amunition types. Cannons from the same category using the same ammunition will have different attributes, such as rate of fire and heat generation.
There is a total of four categories of cannons:
- Single-shot cannons will fire a single shot when triggered
- Auto-fire cannons will fire a certain amount of shots per second while being triggered
- Shotguns will fire a certain amount of pellets when fired
- Beam cannons cast a beam that deals a certain amount of damage per second
And there are three ammunition types:
- Ion cannons deal increased damage against energy shields, but less damage against armor.
- Laser cannons deal the same amount of damage against shields and armor.
- Ballistic cannons deal an increased amount of damage against armor, but less damage against energy shields.
Apart from beam cannons, which will only be available as laser or ion weapons, the game will offer all possible combinations of cannon categories and ammunition types.
If that sounds promising to you, head over to Kickstarter to secure your copy of the game and early access both in one go. Another option is voting for the game on Steam Greenlight and waiting until it becomes available on Steam.